Welcome to Dragon Crest, an exciting, interactive world of stories, characters, gaming, art and more. Delve behind the story to learn about Urth, create your own character, and enter the Dragon Crest world. You can participate in live chat forums, talk to characters from the novels, play online modules run by the creators of the world, learn how to run a tabletop game or backyard game, immerse yourself in a Live Story Experience, or even appear in one of the Dragon Crest novels published by Tor.
Because of this unique inter-relatedness, it is necessary for legal reasons that ALL characters, ALL posts, ALL content, and ALL interactions that occur on this site or pertain to Dragon Crest remain the exclusive intellectual property of White Knights, Inc. By entering this site or in any way participating in the Dragon Crest universe, you are granting White Knights, Inc. unlimited copyright to everything related to Dragon Crest.
- The Basics.
- Some of our Services have special additional rules and policies. Unless those services are governed by a separate click-through agreement, those policies apply too.
- Registration. To enjoy the Services the most, please register your “Account”. When you accept your profile or otherwise set up an account, you must provide accurate and complete info and keep your Account info updated. Without limiting the previous sentence – you can’t do any of the following: (i) select or use as a username a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use as a username a name subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization; (iii) use, as a username, a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene. Take responsibility by not using another person’s Account or registration info for the Services without permission, or publish, distribute or post login info for your Account. You must notify us immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account. You may delete your Account by contacting us or through the Account settings.
- Paid Services. Certain of our Services may be subject to payments (the “Paid Services”). Please see our paid services page for a description of the current paid services and prices. Please note that any payment terms presented to you in the process of using or signing up for a paid service are deemed part of this Agreement.
- Billing. We use a third-party payment processor (the “Payment Processor”) to bill you through a payment account linked to your Account on the Services (your “Billing Account”) for use of the Paid Services. The processing of payments will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the Payment Processor in addition to this Agreement. We are not responsible for error by the Payment Processor. By choosing to use Paid Services, you agree to pay us, through the Payment Processor, all charges at the prices then in effect for any use of such Paid Services in accordance with the applicable payment terms and you authorize us, through the Payment Processor, to charge your chosen payment provider (your “Payment Method”). You agree to make payment using that selected Payment Method. We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment.
- Payment Method. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen Payment Method. If we, through the Payment Processor, do not receive payment from you, you agree to pay all amounts due on your Billing Account upon demand.
- Recurring Billing. Some of the Paid Services are single charges. Other Paid Services may consist of an initial period, for which there is a one-time charge, followed by recurring period charges as agreed to by you (the “Subscription Services”). By choosing a recurring payment plan, you acknowledge that Subscription Services have an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. WE MAY SUBMIT PERIODIC CHARGES (E.G., MONTHLY) WITHOUT FURTHER AUTHORIZATION FROM YOU, UNTIL YOU PROVIDE PRIOR NOTICE (RECEIPT OF WHICH IS CONFIRMED BY US) THAT YOU HAVE TERMINATED THIS AUTHORIZATION OR WISH TO CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD. SUCH NOTICE WILL NOT AFFECT CHARGES SUBMITTED BEFORE WE REASONABLY COULD ACT. TO TERMINATE YOUR AUTHORIZATION OR CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD, SEND A MESSAGE TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Current Information Required. YOU MUST PROVIDE CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION FOR YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT. YOU MUST PROMPTLY UPDATE ALL INFORMATION TO KEEP YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE (SUCH AS A CHANGE IN BILLING ADDRESS, CREDIT CARD NUMBER, OR CREDIT CARD EXPIRATION DATE), AND YOU MUST PROMPTLY NOTIFY US OR OUR PAYMENT PROCESSOR IF YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IS CANCELLED (E.G., FOR LOSS OR THEFT) OR IF YOU BECOME AWARE OF A POTENTIAL BREACH OF SECURITY, SUCH AS THE UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR USE OF YOUR USER NAME OR PASSWORD. CHANGES TO SUCH INFORMATION CAN BE MADE BY SENDING A MESSAGE TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS: email@example.com. IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE ANY OF THE FOREGOING INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY CONTINUE CHARGING YOU FOR ANY USE OF PAID SERVICES UNDER YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT UNLESS YOU HAVE TERMINATED YOUR PAID SERVICES AS SET FORTH ABOVE.
- Change in Amount Authorized. If the amount to be charged to your Billing Account varies from the amount you preauthorized (other than due to the imposition or change in the amount of state sales taxes (if any)), you have the right to receive, and we shall provide, notice of the amount to be charged and the date of the charge before the scheduled date of the transaction. Any agreement you have with your payment provider will govern your use of your Payment Method. You agree that we may accumulate charges incurred and submit them as one or more aggregate charges during or at the end of each billing cycle.
- Auto-Renewal for Subscription Services. Unless you opt out of auto-renewal, which can be done by sending a message to customer support, any Subscription Services you have signed up for will be automatically extended for successive renewal periods of the same duration as the subscription term originally selected, at the then-current non-promotional rate. To change or resign your Subscription Services at any time, please send a message to customer support. If you terminate a Subscription Service, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current term; your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires. However, you won’t be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period.
- Reaffirmation of Authorization. Your non-termination or continued use of a Paid Service reaffirms that we are authorized to charge your Payment Method for that Paid Service. We may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive our right to seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described when you initially selected to use the Paid Service.
- Free Trials and Other Promotions. Any free trial or other promotion that provides access to a Paid Service must be used within the specified time of the trial. You must stop using a Paid Service before the end of the trial period in order to avoid being charged for that Paid Service, including for Subscription Services. If you cancel prior to the end of the trial period and are inadvertently charged for a Paid Service, please contact us at customer support.
- What is it? We define it as “Content”, and this term includes items like videos, audio clips, written posts and comments, information, data, text, photographs, software, scripts, graphics, and interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through the Services. Content can also include items or material posted by us, third parties, you or other users.
- User Content. All Content that is added, created, uploaded, submitted, distributed, or posted to the Services by you or other users is called “User Content”. Some User Content is publicly posted or privately transmitted. Either way, User Content is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such User Content. All Content that you access by you using the Services, including any titles that you purchase, is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to you or any other party resulting therefrom. Sometimes, upon written request to us and in our sole discretion, we may delete or remove your User Content, either yourself or through a request made through the Site. If your User Content is deleted, it will be removed from the Services, but it may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not following removal be shared by us with others).
- Notices and Restrictions. You shall maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services for Content provided by us, our partners or users.
- Your Licenses to Us and Others. By submitting User Content through the Services, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise fully exploit the User Content in connection with the Site, the Services and our (and our successors’ and assigns’) businesses, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Site or the Services (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, APIs, third party websites and feeds). You also grant each user of the Site and/or the Services a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Site and/or the Services, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Content. For clarity, these license grants to us and our users does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Content, including the right to grant additional licenses to your User Content, unless otherwise agreed in writing. You represent and warrant that you have all rights to grant such licenses to us without infringement or violation of any third party rights, including without limitation, any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Rules of Conduct. When you use our services:
- You shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content on or through the Service, including without limitation any User Content, that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty (see our Copyright Policy).
- you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”);
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other info of ours or of any third party;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives; or
- includes anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information.
- You shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by us in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our (or our third party providers’) infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services; (iii) bypass, circumvent or attempt to bypass or circumvent any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services); (iv) run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services; (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site; (vi) harvest or scrape any Content from the Services; or (vii) otherwise take any action in violation of our guidelines and policies.
- You shall not (directly or indirectly): (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Services (including without limitation any application), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction, (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Services, or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
- Third Party Services. The Services acquire information from third party services, such as Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks and internet sources (“Third Party Services”). The Services may permit you to link to and otherwise interact with third party resources on the Internet: you do so at your own risk. Once it leaves our servers, we don’t control where it might go. We don’t control these resources, and you acknowledge that we aren’t responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. Any such use doesn’t imply our endorsement or any association between us and their operators. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
- Warranty Disclaimer.
- We have no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that We have no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding:
- which users gain access to the Services;
- what Content you access via the Services;
- what effects the Content may have on you (we don’t control if you’re voted a *****);
- how you may interpret or use the Content (some people think that it’s cool to be a *****); or
- what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content (this is all just for fun, please don’t take this too seriously).
- You release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. We make no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Services, and we aren’t responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Services.
- You release us from all liability relating to your connections and relationships with other users. You understand that we don’t, in any way, screen users, nor do we inquire into the backgrounds of users or attempt to verify their backgrounds or statements. We make no representations or warranties as to the conduct of users or the veracity of any info users provide. In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the Services, including, without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and any damages resulting in any way from communications or meetings with users or persons you may otherwise meet through the Services. As such, you agree to take reasonable precautions and exercise the utmost personal care in all interactions with any individual you come into contact with through the Services, particularly if you decide to meet such individuals in person. For example, you shouldn’t, under any circumstances, provide your financial info (e.g., credit card or bank account numbers) to other individuals.
- Important stuff (that’s why it’s in all caps) so please read. THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. WE, AND OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (I) THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (II) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (III) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICES IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (IV) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- We have no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that We have no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding:
- Our Liability. (Again caps). IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, NOR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION), OR (III) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($100.00) OR THE FEES PAID BY YOU FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE THREE MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE CLAIM GIVING RISE TO SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Apple device and application terms. In the event you are using the Services in connection with a device provided by Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) or a White Knights application obtained through the Apple App Store (collectively, such uses are henceforth the “Application”), the following shall apply:
- Both you and White Knights, Inc. acknowledge that this Agreement is concluded between you and White Knights only, and not with Apple, and that Apple is not responsible for the Application or the Content;
- The Application is licensed to you on a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-sublicensable basis, solely to be used in connection with the Service for your private, personal, non-commercial use, subject to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement as they are applicable to the Service;
- You will only use the Application in connection with an Apple device that you own or control;
- You acknowledge and agree that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application;
- In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, including those implied by law, you may notify Apple of such failure; upon notification, Apple’s sole warranty obligation to you will be to refund to you the purchase price, if any, of the Application;
- You acknowledge and agree that White Knights, Inc., and not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims you or any third party may have in relation to the Application;
- You represent and warrant that you are not located in a country subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and that you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
- Both you and White Knights, Inc. acknowledge and agree that, in your use of the Application, you will comply with any applicable third party terms of agreement which may affect or be affected by such use; and
- Both you and White Knights, Inc. acknowledge and agree that Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement, and that upon your acceptance of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement against you as the third party beneficiary hereof.
- Force Majeure (i.e. bad stuff we can’t predict). We shall not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation.
- No Waiver. Any waivers we give don’t mean we will waive other stuff in the future. All waivers must be in writing through one of our authorized representatives. If either party fails to exercise any rights, this is not deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
- Headings. These do not have any legal effect, they are just for convenience.
Contact. You may contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
White Knights, Inc. ("White Knight") operates Dragoncrest.com and may operate other websites. It is White Knight's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, White Knight collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. White Knight's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how White Knight's visitors use its website. From time to time, White Knight may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
White Knight also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on Dragoncrest.com blogs/sites. White Knight only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to White Knight's websites choose to interact with White Knight in ways that require White Knight to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that White Knight gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up at Dragoncrest.com to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with White Knight are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, White Knight collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor's interaction with White Knight. White Knight does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
White Knight may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. White Knight may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, White Knight does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
White Knight discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on White Knight's behalf or to provide services available at White Knight's websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using White Knight's websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. White Knight will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, White Knight discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when White Knight believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of White Knight, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an White Knight website and have supplied your email address, White Knight may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with White Knight and our products. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. White Knight takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If White Knight, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that White Knight goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of White Knight may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.